We know there's still a week until we raise a toast to usher in the new year, but there's no time like the present to consider your goals, intentions and resolutions for 2020. And we'd love to hear them!
We searched high and low, and we've rounded up a dozen of our favorite resolutions for homebodies. Several of these are on our list...are any on your list? (Do you make a list?)
Some people shy away from resolutions, because they are notoriously hard to stick with...but as they say, you can't accomplish a goal if you don't set one!
1. Have only things you need and/or love in your home.
2. Make a small decorating change. Even the most up-to-date homes have an area that's ripe for a gentle update. Don't rush the decorating process, but do start on at least one small update.
3. Add some green to your indoor space with houseplants. Make sure you give them the necessary light and water to keep them healthy and lush.
4. Eliminate clutter, especially in the kitchen. A great place to start? The junk drawer (or drawers, as the case may be.) Then resolve to keep it gone with good daily routines.
5. Clean out the pantry (and maybe the freezer?)
6. Get a jump on spring cleaning your closet. Turn your hangers around the opposite direction. When it's time to purge the clothes you never wear, you'll know exactly which ones those are.
7. Clean under/around/behind your appliances for more efficiency and to avoid fire hazard from built-up lint.
8. Learn a new hobby - maybe furniture painting or staining?
9 Pamper yourself with some fresh, fluffy towels or linens. It's a small extravagance that will make you feel special.
10. Sterilize your technology: phones, tablets and laptops are notorious for carrying E. Coli.
11. Make your home fragrant. Once the decorations are gone, our homes feel pretty empty. A new candle scent can make it seem cozier and fresher.
12. Button up your house, if you haven't already. Look for drafty areas and add weatherstripping or caulk to seal up the leaks. Your energy bill will be lower, and you'll be more comfortable year-round.
We hope this list inspires you to come up some new year's resolutions of your own! It's not too soon to make a list and check it twice...after all, in just one short week we're going to welcome a new year and a new decade!
We hope you have a lovely Christmas holiday with family and friends. Leave us a comment to tell us about your 2020 goals, or at least your plans for ringing in the new year!
WHO WRITES THIS STUFF?
I'm Terry Lea, owner of Re-Invintage Home, a vintage home goods shop just south of Nashville in Murfreesboro, TN. A lifelong passion for vintage picking led me to open a shop with my picking pal, Sherri in 2017. Come see us!